My backhoe stopped moving in forward and reverse after using it for a couple of hours this summer. Found a connector on a solenoid that I think comes from the parking brake to be broken so I replaced it and it worked. This took a few hours to locate a replacement part. Have not used the backhoe again till 2 weeks ago when we got snow here in Philly. It worked fine for about 2 hours then when switching from reverse to forward it acted as if I put the parking brake on and would not move. I checked the connection on the solenoid and found it to be in working order. I removed it and put it back to no avail. I let it sit in the 5 degree temp far about an hour, returned and started it and it ran fine. I moved it to a place out of the way and when I looked at the solenoid connector I realized I left it unpluged. It seems like it works with or without power until the the machine get hot. Any ideas on how I should proceed? Does this sound like I need a new solenoid or can it be cleaned? Does it even seem like the solenoid is the problem? Any help would be appreciated..
JCB 214e- Air Filter restriction alarm. Just a side note about a JCB 214e 2005- had an issue with the air filter restriction alarm, which sounded at max RPM, mostly while road driving at full speed. Even with a new $75. air filter, Problem was with the rubber air intake snorkel which goes over the radiator. This flat oval tube would collapse with high air intake flow. Solution: insert a 1 in. PVC length into the tube and secure with a screw, this holds the intake open. Also cover the inlet opening with 1/4 mesh hardware wire to keep the varmints from nesting in your new $75 air filter!
JCB 214e 2005. 4x4 electronically engages when right brake is applied. I suppose there is a short between the brake light circuit and the electric 4x4 circuit. Any ideas as to where to start?
I am having the same type of issue with my 214. It is approximately a 1995 model year. Did you find any answers to the issue?
I also have this problem !!!!! 1996 214s. Drives fine, but the minute I use the loader, I have about 20-30 min before it slowly loses all ability to drive forward or revers. Like parking brake is on and it's in neutral. Wait a few hours, runs fine and if I use the loader continually for 20 minutes , comes to a crawl and dosent move anymore. All hydraulics for backhoe work fine , always. Can use that all day, no problem. Just this really annoying issue I can't resolve. Added a trans cooler , but that didn't work. It's like it slowly puts the brake on, then holds it. Back tires / diff becomes locked.