Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 214e series 2 Backhoe not going into fwd/rev

Jimmy K · 2023-10-07 08:17

I’m a new owner of a 1996 JCB 214e I recently got an alarm sounding for what I believe is for hydraulics, I located a leaking hose for front steering and replaced it. Now I am still getting the alarm and the machine will not go into forward or reverse. It was working fine when I parked it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Also if you know of a site where I could download an operator’s manual please share. I want to get more familiar with the switches and dashboard indicators

Replies1
  1. #1Acecadet2023-10-07 12:36

    The alarm you are hearing is most likely the low trans pressure warning. Should also illuminate a light on the dash. Check your fluid level in the transmission. If it’s already full you will be pulling the suction screen.