Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 214S

Sam1734 ยท 2021-07-26 23:16

Has anyone had any issues with JCB 214 transmission or brakes that makes the machine feel like the braked are being applied as you are trying to operate the machine? It seems to happen after the machine warms up and brakes are applied a few times. Temperature is staying in normal operating range and the machine will move, just have to throttle more than usual. Doesn't seem to be slipping, and shifts normally. fluid doesn't smell burned. This is the second episode and first episode I thought input shaft discs in transmission, but I'm now suspecting something to do with brakes. After it sets it seems to move normally.

Replies7
  1. #1skata2021-07-27 00:50

    Can you lift machine so all wheels are off ground. Then put in gear to see if wheels spin freely or need throttle.

  2. #2Sam17342021-07-27 01:06

    I will try this, but I feel it will need throttle.

  3. #3Sam17342021-07-27 01:08

    The machine comes to a stop when I let off throttle, even on a down grade.

  4. #4skata2021-07-27 01:12

    I had a jcb telehandler where the brake pedal pivot was a bit rusty and didn't let the pedal go up all the way. Try lifting up on the brake pedal.

  5. #5Sam17342021-07-27 01:23

    I have a friend that works with JCB often and suggest I flush the brake system, but what you say makes sense. I have not used the machine much since last fall.

  6. #6Swetz2021-07-27 07:03

    Not familiar with the machine, but if you go to the bleeders at the rear brakes, and crack them open, one at a time, without the brake pedal depressed. They should not be under pressure. I would try this for each wheel. This will tell you if the master(s) are releasing (not sure if you have 2 or 1), and if it is only one side, which side is affected (again, not sure if you have 2 masters). A bad hose on one side can also keep the brakes applied.

  7. #7Sam17342021-07-27 17:31

    According to the manual I have two, but one reservoir, thanks for the information.