Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 214S Fuel gauge sender question.

Kevin Foust ยท 2025-01-14 16:55

I have a JCB 214S. Been trying to get my fuel gauge to work. Currently it reads past full and does not change when key is on. I unplugged the connector at the tank and then the gauge goes way beyond full. I got a volt meter and tried both incoming connections and it reads nothing. JCB does not make it easy to identify wires as they are all yellow. My temp gauge was not working either and I traced that to a dead terminal at the fuse block. Got power to go beyond that and it now works. In looking at the electrical layout on the fuse block I see no mention of the fuel sender/system. Should I have power on one of those wires to the sender? I'm no electrical expert so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Acecadet2025-02-01 19:31

    Looking at my schematic fuse B1 (center row bottom) feeds both the coolant temp and fuel gauge. I will attach a pic of the plug at the level sensor. There should be a positive, a ground and a signal at the sender.

  2. #2Kevin Foust2025-02-01 22:14

    Thank you. I ended up pulling the sending unit from the tank and found the ground wire was corroded off. I resoldiered it and it now works.