Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shipping backhoe cross country (USA)

morpheos137 ยท 2025-01-13 00:43

Most cost effective way. Rail? Ship? Truck? Links to some companies that offer this service would be appreciated. East coast near a port to west coast near a port. CT to WA.

Replies7
  1. #1PeterG2025-01-13 12:49

    I shipped a Full size dump truck from North Carolina out to Seattle. Cost was about $6500.00 The dump truck spec had everything I wanted, and was at a much, much lower price than what I could find for the same years and spec out West. I contacted a Heavy Equipment moving broker in Florida. They put the job on the truckers board. A guy with a low flatbed saw it and picked it up. It wasn't a fast move. He headed up towards Chicago, then went West, and was picking up other freight and dropping it off on the way. I bought the truck without seeing it. Just as I thought it needed quite a bit of work, but I knew that.

  2. #2PeterG2025-01-13 12:51

    Freight broker was Nationwide Transport.

  3. #3PeterG2025-01-13 12:57

    Heavy Haulers | Crane Transport | Crane Shipping | Crane Hauling. Transport Specialist: John Shanley 954-908-3425 . heavyhaulers.com. This is the guy I was dealing with, maybe through heavy haulers, but the email says Nation Wide....

  4. #4DDoug2025-01-13 19:06
  5. #5cosmaar12025-01-13 22:43

    Looking at probably $3 a mile if not more depending on area.

  6. #6crane operator2025-01-13 23:14

    Its most likely going to be truck. Rail and ship don't want to deal with individual items.

  7. #7aighead2025-09-05 12:39

    "Absolutely, positively, there is nothing to it!"