Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 215s (3cx) – how to I bleed steering after I didn’t follow procedure :(

Nuggy00 ยท 2018-07-18 21:23

I rebuilt the front steering rams on my new 1998 jcb 215s (3cx) and bleeding them after was simple, just turned the steering wheel back and forth.... BUT I just rebuilt the rear steer rams and didn't read the bleeding procedure.... Now, after the rebuild of both rear cylinders, steering degraded quickly so no wheels turn at all.... I tried lifting it up on the loader bucket and stabilizers and turning wheels, and it still won't budge.... all other hydraulics work fine... How do I bleed the system now??? Do I crack fittings one cylinder at a time in a specific order? Thanks for any help you can offer. Chris

Replies4
  1. #1JL Sargent2018-07-19 04:53

    I would be checking for crossed up hydraulic hoses. Maybe two of them got swapped accidentally?

  2. #2Nuggy002018-07-19 05:53

    I checked this morning quick and I think the hoses I touched are put back correct. Hose from valve feeds tire side of both rams, then the other two hoses cross. That matches this diagram I found online.

  3. #3Nuggy002018-07-19 18:06

    For reference, I just fixed it...The steering synch was off. I lifted the rear axle center position switch, the solenoid clicked and steering immediately reset. Easily switched modes and steered right and left after that.

  4. #4JL Sargent2018-07-19 20:08

    Good find! Glad you sorted it out.