I got a JCB 217 series 2 backhoe. I noticed the hydraulic tank had a small leak where the step is attached. So I drained the oil, fixed the hole and filled the oil back inside. But now all the hydraulic controls are not responding anymore. There must be something to purge the air or prime the pump. Anybody knows? Thanks
I think you are on the right track. Maybe call the nearest dealer and ask them about it?
Can you Crack the line loose going from tank to the pump, to push any air out? Tighten then start. Or remove tank cap and try pressurize some air in tank. Whatever you do, don't run the machine long if fluid is not getting to the pump.
Thank you skata, that was a bullseye: I pressurized the hydraulic tank, started the machine and immediately the hydraulic controls came back to life. I will remember this for next time I run into this kind of problem. Thanks. pj