Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 2cx drive fault

Tinkerduke ยท 2013-02-04 15:23

Hi folks, I bought myself a 2cx a few months back to help me do my self build house. In the last few weeks I have had problems with the electronic park brake not releasing. It has also come on while moving slowly aswell. I'm not really sure where to start looking- all I've done is changed the appropriate relay but that hasn't helped! I don't know my way around this machine too well (work with cars regularly) so any advise would be great. Thanks in advance, Steve.

Replies6
  1. #1d4c24a2013-02-05 15:01

    may pay to look at the switch , do you have the round one or the rocker type

  2. #2Tinkerduke2013-02-05 15:29

    Thanks for your reply. It's the round push/pull knob to the left of the steering wheel. Are these prone to going? Presumably it needs popping off from underneath? Thanks.

  3. #3Tinkerduke2013-02-10 17:07

    Doesn't appear to be the switch at fault. Any other ideas?

  4. #4d4c24a2013-02-11 15:06

    you could check the plug where the loom exits the cab ,right hand corner if sat in the cab (i think) have had these get very corroded before , one even caught on fire i think you can wind a bolt into the trans to release the brake

  5. #5Tinkerduke2013-02-15 13:27

    Thanks for your help d4c24a- it would appear to be faulty wiring- namely the wires under the relays. It looks like it will be fun accessing under there! Cheers.

  6. #6d4c24a2013-02-15 16:23

    hope its works out an easy fix for you