Installed rebuilt motor, machine ran before, but low on power, have fuel to injection pump but can’t get fuel to injector when cracking to bleed, fuel shut off switch working fine. Any ideas ?!
How long did the old injection pump sit before it was installed and trying to start.?? It could be stuck innards..
It sat for about six months, we finally got fuel at the injectors but won’t fire. You rebuilt a John a Deere pump for me did a nice job.
Have u hung an injector outside the engine to SEE if it pops.??
No I didn’t even know you could do that ! You think it’s not opening the injector ?
Just don’t kink the line.. Don’t get near the spray, it’ll penetrate your skin.!!
Messed with it a little this morning barely getting foamy fuel at injector, but good fuel at pump inlet. It’s 2013 a Delphi pump can’t figure it out. If I pump the filter housing I get nothing, if I crank the motor I get the little bit of fuel with bubbles.
Hole in the diagram..on the pump.. It usually pressurizes the fuel tank.. Or U have a stuck open injector and it’s blowing compression back thru the injector and into the pump..
Hmmmm my feed line to the pump has a tee in it that is a return back to the tank, I don’t hear anything coming back thru. Taking into consideration it ran before we pulled it do you think it has a hole? Or the pump is bad 6 months later ? Are these pumps decent brand ?
Have u unhooked ALL the injector lines from the injectors to the pump.?? If so, u can count out compression.. The pump sounds like a likely culprit..
I had them all cracked at the same time not unhooked. If it’s stuck possibly can I shoot air thru it or something ? I also thought possibly the pump could be air locked too but I don’t see a bleeder ? When I remove the fuel shut off solenoid should fuel come out that hole while pumping bleeder or turning over ? It does not and I thought it should ?
Unhook them.. What’s your pump #.??
Did u have a shop manual to put the pump on.?? Was it locked when u put it on.?? (Timed) U gotta b a rocket scientist to put one on.. And if the timing isn’t right, u have to take it to a fuel shop to get it reset.. they have to put it on a test stand to set and lock the timing..
I dropped off the motor to the rebuilder with the pump on it and got it back the same way, I’m assuming the rebuilder never took it off ? If he did remove it, was he supposed to put it back on a certain way ?
Have u removed the lines from the injectors to see if it’s compression blowing back thru the injectors.?? U can check the diagram in the boost compensator by removing both lines.. Blow about 6 psi into the top hole and feel to see if it’s coming thru the bottom hole.. BE CAREFUL.. u don’t wanna blow a hole in it.. Good luck..
No I’m gonna try removing the lines next. If I remove the fuel shut off solenoid and pump the bleeder or crank engine should fuel come out that hole, it doesn’t, if that means anything. Also saw a Delphi trouble shooting chart and it says make sure the shut off linkage is not in stop position ?! Which lines am I removing and shooting air thru ?
Yes fuel SHOULD come out of the solenoid hole.!! R u sure your supply pump is working.?? Do u have fuel in the tank.?? The shut off solenoid is the one in front of the pump inlet.. Find the boost compensator on the top cover.. it’s the round piece that sits up on a pedestal.
In the second pic you see the solenoid with two yellow wires and a blue too, that’s what I replaced. When I remove that nothing comes out that hole. If I remove the feed line to pump and pump the filter it comes out readily at that feed line, if I hook it back up I get nothing. I don’t see a supply pump the feed from filter housing goes directly into the pump. I removed the housing on tank that feeds the filter and it’s only a fuel level sensor and little sock filter. I don’t see a supply pump like in my old John Deere’s.
No pics.. never mind.. u mean previous pics. That’s right, that’s the s/o sol.
If ur smart, u won’t go into the pump.. fuel isn’t making it thru the inlet..& it’s nothing to play around with.. There’s springs and a piston in there.. the piston is probably stuck.. Even if u had a pump breakdown, u still would have a hard time figuring it out..
So no fuel coming out the port when I remove the shut off solenoid, does that tell you anything ? And no lift pump, does this injection pump have some type of integral lift pump ? Just saw your last message so you think it’s stuck. I wouldn’t touch it you did my last one, I’d rather you do it, but, it’s a bitch to get out, I hate to do it for nothing.
R u sure the pump is turning when you crank it over.?? The pump has its own internal pump that draws fuel into it. There is no bleed screw, it’s self bleeding. Try cranking it and see if fuel comes out of the solenoid hole.
We tried no fuel comes out. How can I tell if it’s turning ?
Mike I emailed you, I think I’m at wit’s end, I pulled the injector lines off and get no compression that would indicate a stuck injector, pulled off the s/o solenoid and tried pumping bleeder, nothing, a few tiny bubbles, tried cranking, in all throttle positions, I get more bubbles, but foamy, no solid fuel, coming out that’s it.
Check yer texts.