Hey guys, thought you would enjoy this picture.....I sold this machine to a customer about 3 months ago.....he is a large-scale farmer and wanted the machine for general property maintenance, fence row clearing, a bit of demo, waterway maintenance, among other "standard" uses for a CTL. I got this picture from him with the caption, "We rip 'em out with the excavator and haul 'em away with the JCB." Like the title says, it's a 320T with a JCB Heavy Duty Root Grapple. Enjoy.
Great pic!
Hercules! Hercules!
I bet that could get interesting on a windy day!
So I take it that he took you up on the boom warranty? LOL! OK so sometimes I am *ick.
Sometimes a picture IS worth a thousand words!
Impressive picture. I thought this was interesting- http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=ukzHgnZJfYw
To further clarify why I thought this video was interesting you need to look at the outside lower portion of of the boom and you can see where it has been rubbing on the track. I have been told that it will do this with a mulcher if the machine is working on a side slope with the boom on the downhill side.
LOL. Yes, but I'm not sure that he quite realized the capabilities of the machine at that time!
I could see where a mulcher head would put more side load on the boom, given the weight of the attachment. I've never seen a machine with that much movement, although with someone jerking on the front of it, I'm sure you could make many machines do something similar....just ask any 90XT/450CT owner, or NH for that matter, and they have two arms. I guess one question I would ask is if he has adjusted his boom stops to counter act it, or he is just letting the wear get more severe. I would guess the latter, since he is posting videos on Youtube. Interesting nonetheless.
I may be wrong but I thought JCB recommended you keep the loader arm down against the stops when ever possible to help support the load.
Yes, JCB, along will all other manufacturers will recommend that all pushing, digging, etc. be done with the loader arms in the cradle of the chassis. However, the world isn't all rainbows and unicorns either, so that is all it is, a recommendation, because, let's face it, we ALL push our machines to their limits!
Always nice to see JCB/Volvo get some positive feedback. Perhaps you could post some more action pics. Regards, Sam