Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 3cx 1987 problem slow weak hyd when working

Mark87 ยท 2015-02-08 10:26

Jcb 3cx 1987 weak slow hyd Whn I first start the 3cx it's still cold the hyd work a little faster that's but still very slow and weak as the engine gets more worm the hyd get weak and slow as it needs 50+ gas for it to do some work the front and the beck ,I got the hyd pump tested its good , I checkd the hyd filters as I only found the the one In the engine bay in the tube and the tube was empty there was no filter in the tube not shore if that could be my problem , or another thing as it didn't have a hyd filter maby the valve body's got dirty and maby they need to be cleaned out ? If eny one could help thanks.

Replies8
  1. #1Shimmy12015-02-08 10:56

    Need to be patient, man. You're only allowed one thread on a particular problem. Someone will come along that is familiar with this machine. If your pump tests good, maybe need to look at suction lines from reservoir to pump. I have had the inside liner fail and restrict the flow. Just so happens the system worked fine the first few cycles, got progressively worse the longer it was ran.

  2. #2Mark872015-02-08 18:40

    Its got Like a 3inch hose going to the pump from the hyd tank and i need'd to take that hose Of when i got the pump checkt did look ok to me and thats the only hose that the pump gets the oil throw as i know

  3. #3Shimmy12015-02-08 19:35

    They can look just fine until pump starts sucking oil thru it. That's when they collapse inside. Also, have you checked the tank outlet? Is there a screen or filter in the tank? Some you remove the fitting on the tank that the hose connects to, others have an access cover somewhere on the tank. When you removed pump, did you look in tank with a light to make sure nothing was out of ordinary? Maybe there is a rag floating around in there?

  4. #4Mark872015-02-08 19:59

    That's my next step to drain the hyd oil and open up the hyd tanks as I need to lift up the front boom to get acces to get to the tank thanks eny way for the info il let you know how I go with it as I will do that ASAP

  5. #5Doug Overkill2015-02-08 20:42

    Check the hydraulic fluid levels. In my experience slow hydraulics come from not enough fluid. A little bit low can have a large effect. Another thing to check is does the engine rpm effect what you are seeing. In other words, pull a level to activate a cylinder and then step on the throttle, does the cylinder speed up as the engine rpm's climb? Are all the cylinders behaving the same?

  6. #6Mark872015-02-09 04:34

    The level is good as I check them before work , when load the front eg full of rocks as give it gas it looks to be working fine as it picks up speed in lifting , but the beck hole is very weak and slow when working eg beck hole is full of dirt and it will take me 30sec to lift it up and empty it in to a eg truck and that's giving it 60% of gas

  7. #7Mark872015-02-09 12:42

    I checkd the hyd tank and the I found a filter inside of the hyd tank and that filter is dirty , the hyd line that the filter is on is going to the power steering pump , could that dirty filter have to eny thing with my weak hyd ?

  8. #8Mark872015-02-10 14:33

    If eny one could tell me because I'm missing the hyd filter located in the engine bay could that do eny thing with my problem ?