Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 3cx loader problem

Jcboffset214 · 2025-03-04 11:12

I am having an issue with my 2012 JCB 3cx. Front loader lifts and drops fine, but while digging, the front loader will not hold pressure down. After a few seconds of digging, the front loader will lose down pressure and thus I will lose the stability on the front of the machine and continually have to push the loader control back down, and repeat. I’ve had both cylinders re packed and the issue remains. I’m sure it’s somewhere in the loader valve, I just don’t know where to start.

Replies11
  1. #1Jcboffset2142025-03-04 11:16

    Here is parts of loader valve

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-03-04 13:46

    Looks like solenoid controls. I would suspect that the down pressure solenoid is dropping out when hot and dropping the pressure. I‘m also seeing a spring check valve, that is suspect also.

  3. #3Jcboffset2142025-03-04 15:39

    The lift and drop is manually ran by linkage. There is one solenoid, but it operates the clam shell from a lever on the loader control handle. All other functions of the loader are manual from linkage to spool

  4. #4Jcboffset2142025-03-04 15:41

    Which spring check valve do you see? Can you tell me a number from the diagram of which one you think it could be

  5. #5HarleyHappy2025-03-05 08:00

    I was looking at 67C but not even sure it is loader up/down, it is first in the string by the looks of it. Looks like way more than one solenoid and I see one linkage hook up. Might be the way my IPad is blowing picture up. It’s either too small or way to frigging big. lol

  6. #6Jcboffset2142025-03-06 10:57

    Ok I guess I will look into that check valve. The other solenoids you’re seeing could be there for different options that my tractor dosent have because I know for sure the only thing that is ran electronically from a switch on the loader is the bucket clam open/close

  7. #7HarleyHappy2025-03-07 07:53

    So, to get this straight, if you pop your bucket down and curl it down, to lift the front end as high as possible, it will leak down in seconds. Is that correct, or is it only leaking down, if you are doing something else, like digging with the hoe?

  8. #8Jcboffset2142025-03-07 08:13

    If I lift the front end off the ground by pushing the loader down, it will hold for awhile. If I am digging with the hoe, it will lose that pressure down more rapidly. I’m assuming the pressure from digging with the hoe makes it bleed up quicker

  9. #9HarleyHappy2025-03-07 09:21

    Let’s look at this a little differently. You have the parts book any possibility you have the service book or anything that shows the hydraulic circuits? It sounds like a check valve or holding valve leaking by but could also be a messed up spring in a pressure relief valve. How is the bucket pressure? Lifting and tilting pretty good?

  10. #10HarleyHappy2025-03-07 09:22

    Have you taken out the#67 seat check valve and checked the spring?

  11. #11Jcboffset2142025-03-07 09:36

    Unfortunately I don’t have a service manual, just the parts book. Lifting lowering and curling functions all work well. I have not taken out that #67 but that will be the first thing I check, I will give you an update as soon as I take that out and inspect.