Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 3CX sitemaster 4×4 extended arm question

Bill1985 ยท 2017-09-09 12:42

have a jcb 3cx backhoe and the cylinder in charge of the extended arm or extenda-hoe or extendahoe or whatever you want to call it is leaking badly and instead of fixing it I plan on bypass the hydraulic hoses that go to it but my question is, is there a way to lock the extended arm in place so it doesn't move? I haven't see a place to put a lock pin so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #102SILVER2017-09-09 20:36

    My Jcb 214(same thing I think) has a lock pin on the top of the dipper boom under the bucket cylinder. Hope this helps

  2. #2jcb jeff2017-09-10 10:32

    Pull the r clip and let the pin drop into the inner slide section and then put r clip back in unless you are missing this pin butt you will still have a boss with a hole in under the bucket ram .