Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 b shuttle pump relief valve issues

tmann ยท 2017-09-07 21:11

Recently mu 580b lost reveres as we know about the pickup tube screen etc, however my screen was clean. The issue I had was low psi at the front filter check(100) psi however the shuttle would move in forward, I removed the spool valve all checked out and then I tackled the pump removal , The pump was like new however the relief valve had some bits of metal chips holding it open some what, as I couldn't find any metal chips in the case I disassembled the valve and found that the spring had a been worn a little flat on one side (apparently the source of the cips) the spring measured 1.80 not 1.90 as specified. This was the source of the low pressure. Always disassemble these valves as you cant see the wear on the spring. Thought I would post should anyone have a similar issue, the springs are available from Coleman Equipment, $12.00

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2017-09-08 18:27

    Thanks for the info it's good to know.

  2. #2tmann2017-09-08 18:28

    Your welcome