Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 3CX won’t start

Patrickmackle · 2025-01-04 23:02

Hi. My JCB three CX won’t start. I got 8 codes from the panel Engine oil level data, missing engine speed, unavailable, coolant, temperature, data, missing engine oil, pressure data missing where to start signal missing water in fuel data missing engine, power rating, invalid, engine, power rating missing. I poked around a little bit and found that the live link is badly corroded blown fuses etc. I remove the Link. I also sent the ECU off for testing and it came back good I put everything back together and the machine still won’t start. I’m not sure if the machine will start with our live link or if there’s something I need to bypass or else I have bad communication between the panel and the ECU, I put my code reader on there and it came back with no communication. I guess I got two questions number one can the machine run without the live link and number two how do you clear the codes? Perhaps that might help

Replies4
  1. #1franklin22025-01-05 08:50

    Not sure if yours is the same, but a guy I work with has a JCB and in the end, after all that junk, he has a fuel solenoid that needs voltage at the injection pump for it to run. If you have some sort of electronic injection pump, it probably won't work. If you have a pump that just needs 12v to run, then you might have a chance to get it going.

  2. #2Patrickmackle2025-01-06 00:16

    Thanks for that I should mention that the starter will not even turn over. I hooked up a remote starter switch and the engine turns over but won’t start.

  3. #3Cliffy2025-01-06 03:41

    If there was chafing or corrosion in the wiring, buy a new engine loom. Its just not worth the effort of multiple repairs.

  4. #4Patrickmackle2025-01-06 23:16

    Hi. I have searched high and low and I can’t find any damage on the wiring harness