I am currently deployed to Northern Afghanistan as an Air Force Civil Engineer and need some assistance with some loader problems. Our first day here one of my guys flipped a 2010 JCB 456 HT loader into a crater roughly 20 feet in diameter and 20 feet deep. It was nearly inverted. we recovered the vehicle and after topping off fluids and bleeding and re-priming the hydraulics it worked like new for about a week. In the last few days it has started flashing trouble codes and is sporadically losing power, not enough to kill the machine but almost. if anyone can tell me what Q0559,Q2249,or Q1117 mean i would greatly appreciate it. it is probably something fuel related due to the terrible quality of fuel we recieve here. Any help would be greatly apperciated. VR TSgt. Mitch Sisco United States AIr Force
Check for water in the fuel. It's a bad problem over here. Can't help with the codes though. At one of the COPS the other day, they pumped kerosene instead of gas into our container for one of our pumps. The pump ran on it since it was hot already but it clattered bad before we realized what had happened.
Go visit the Norwegians in Mazar or Meymaneh, they got heavy equipment mecanics that can/will help u. Even contact the Norwegian dealer and get help for u.(Rosendal Maskin) Just be polite and explain your problem. My experience with JCB is that their equipment hates F-34. Make shure u got diesel fuel. NO kerosene at all! I contacted the factory and got that answer in 2004.(Iraq) The machines from JCB dosent understand that u are using F-34, so the hydraulics and all just angles up. U can use your machine, and at the end it just dies. Because the electronics dosen't understand that the engine dosent produse enough hp and torque. Also be aware that your pakistani fuel is mixed with water and in terrible quality. We bought good quality Russian diesel imported from Termez.
Does anyone know if there is a manual diesel primer on this machine? I drained my filters and water seperator but i had a heck of a time repriming the fuel system.
TSgt.Sisco What model of engine do you have? What is the serial number of your loader? The lift pump might be electic or mechanical like a Cummins engine one .Follow the fulel lines The loaders I looed up on the JCB site had both depending on serial number.I will see if I can get find out what the codes mean.
Fixed the Problem!!! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that offered advice. I was able to trace the problem to a loose fuel line fitting that was sucking air under heavy loads. Apparently I neglected to tighten it when I was bleeding the system after the rollover. Thanks again, TSgt. Mitch Sisco