Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 4cx swing cylinder seals

Therapydoc · 2018-11-29 15:58

Have to rebuild the swing cylinders stop a leak this winter. It’s a slow leak but about 20 oz each time the hoe is used. Previous owner told me he had them rebuilt and he sent me was some seal kits, looks like a bunch of seals weren’t even used so now they are leaking. I’m not familiar with swing cylinders like these. They arent leaking around the rod. It appears to be coming out from the bottom. Are there seals that the cylinder sits down into that can be leaking or is the leak internal and coming out from where I can’t see?

Replies6
  1. #1Therapydoc2018-11-29 15:59

    Or if anyone had an exploded view of the swing cylinders on a 4cx that’d be the best help. Jcb is so stingy with their parts diagrams

  2. #2Dave Neubert2018-11-30 07:39

    are you sure it is not leaking from where the line goes in

  3. #3djordje12018-11-30 10:56

    .

  4. #4heymccall2018-11-30 11:20

    I circled the line connections, but 14 seals the barrel to the pivot.

  5. #5Therapydoc2018-11-30 20:35

    Connections look dry to me. I need to clean it to see more but to me it looks like it’s coming from where it sits down in the saddle.

  6. #6Dave Neubert2018-12-01 08:09

    There is a O ring that seals the barrel to the saddle