Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 510-56 Hydraulic Fittings

wlhequipment ยท 2024-12-02 13:04

Hi folks, On a JCB 510-56, does anyone know what type and size the fittings are on the main lift rams? I have to pull one in a few days and I want to make sure I have the right caps and plugs on hand. I'm guessing it's going to be a -8 or -12 ORFS. Does anyone know for sure?

Replies5
  1. #1wlhequipment2024-12-04 17:30

    Here's a picture of it. The wrench is 26mm. There's an oring in the tapered portion. It's roughly 60 degree taper. The male end fits neatly into the 1/2" bspp on my fitting gauge. Thread pitch is 12-13 (couldn't get any more accurate than that). Anyone seen one before?

  2. #2crane operator2024-12-04 21:05

    I think there is a 60 degree tapered DIN metric. It would be a JCB type thing to use those.

  3. #3wlhequipment2024-12-04 22:34

    My problem there was, with any metric DIN spec I found, either light or heavy, nothing had a 26'mm nut, and that's about the only thing on this fitting I'm sure about. The 60 degree part matches, and the oring matches, just that nut is throwing me for a loop. I called a JCB shop yesterday and he said it could be a metric or BSPP fitting on there and if I sent him a picture, he could identify it. So im going to send him this pic tomorrow and see what he says. I'll post up what I find. Keeping the right size and type of hydraulic caps and plugs on the truck is a full time job!

  4. #4crane operator2024-12-05 09:32

    I hate JCB for this reason. Its never clear what they use- the old stuff was all BSPP (mostly backhoes), the newer stuff could be anything, because the telehandlers are I think made here, but off the UK design.

  5. #5wlhequipment2024-12-06 14:57

    I sent the email on Thursday morning, and called the guy this morning. He said he's still working on it. I'm not sure what there is to "work on" with that, but I think he wants to sell me JCB parts, not tell me what they are in the real world, so I think he's hoping I'll just bugger off. Which I have. After significant digging, I believe those are BSPP cone seat swivel fittings. It is amazingly difficult to find specs on those, and the specs I find are sometimes nonsense. For instance, one website showed the male threads as 20mm, which mine is, but then further over in the table, shows 1/2-13. That doesn't even make sense - there's nothing about this fitting that's 1/2-13. Anyway, that's just the type of crap I ran into. I took it down to my Parker store, and they only showed me metric compression, which is a DIN/ISO but I can't remember what. So, I just ordered a couple likely candidates from discount hydraulic hose, and all I can say is, we'll have to wait and see. I really hate this.