Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

coolant for a deutz d2011 in a genie telehandler

Thadman81 ยท 2024-12-02 14:56

I'm trying to find a compatible coolant to top off the deutz 2011 in my genie telehandler. user manual is useless and recommends 'terex pro cool' which doesn't seem to exist. (to be fair, I haven't tried calling a genie dealer - it would be hours away and I suspect absurdly expensive if they had it) can anyone recommend something compatible I could find at, say, NAPA?

Replies6
  1. #1Cliffy2024-12-02 17:04

    First i thought you where having a joke as all the 2011 ive had dealings with where oil cooled. Turns out there are water and oil cooled options. Im not a fan of topping up coolant unless i know whats in it. I just top up with water. Was told as a young fella never mix coolants. If i dont know, i drain flush and refill with new coolant. Genuine if available. Deutz use nitrate free coolant.

  2. #2Nige2024-12-02 17:40

    Peak Full Force fits the bill for that. Actually it's nitrite-free. https://www.owi.com/commercial/brands/full-force/automotive-antifreeze-coolant/all-make-all-models

  3. #3Coaldust2024-12-02 19:30

    lol. My first thought was, is this a joke, too?

  4. #4Thadman812024-12-02 21:21

    yeah, there were a ton of variants of that engine and some of them have a water coolant system on top of the oil cooling. it's weird.

  5. #5MarshallPowerGen2024-12-02 22:32

    Dealt with plenty in the genie lifts, and lo and behold the water pumps are the main fail point.

  6. #6Rookie Mec2024-12-03 18:14

    Hi folks I am new to this. I am working on a 80/60 Genie boom now it will start fine and stop a couple seconds later its a 2012 with a deutz TD2011L04i engine any ideas what where i can start?