Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 525-67 drive issue

Jonnyt2023 · 2023-09-04 10:06

Hi Guys, New to this forum so hopefully I'm in the right place for this query. I have a JCB 525-67 which has been faultless for 10 years and is in really good condition. All been working perfectly, but jumped in it today and the forward and reverse wasn't working. Just playing around with it to see if I could get it to do anything and it will bizarrely drive perfectly if I depress the clutch. Let the clutch 'in' (as in normally the engaged position with the pedal up) and it won't do anything. Press the clutch to the floor and it works perfectly again. Having looked around on here I can't see it being any of the usual drive issues and I would have thought that its going to be an electrical gremlin but can't really find a place to start. I'm tempted to think something wrong with the switch on the clutch pedal as a starting point (I assume it is a switch because it has no pressure behind it) as if it was a bad connection or broken wire on the column stalk I would have expected it to work one way and not the other (or just not at all). Like I say, all of the well known mechanical issues don't fit these symptoms. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas before I start ripping the cab apart!! Many thanks, Jon

Replies2
  1. #1skata2023-09-06 11:30

    Usually it's just a simple plunge switch on the clutch pedal, that disconnects the power to the trans relays. There's also a disconnect switch on the e brake. Has to be something simple to be causing your issue

  2. #2Jonnyt20232023-09-06 11:32

    That's what I thought given all the symptoms. Thanks so much for the reply. My starting point was going to be getting to what must be a switch at the top of the pedal somewhere?