Hi everyone! This is my 1st post so go easy on me please we have a jcb 530 70 telehandler , we had trouble with it not going into reverse a while ago ( new genuine direction/gear selector lever fitted ) seemed to be OK for a while. We now have no reverse again ? It's a PowerPoint model 4 speed. I've fitted 6 new solenoid coils on top of the transmission and all wiring is good ! When you put it in reverse it seems as though it tries to move but only slightly, if you rev it and change through the gears you can hear the transmission shifting but no movement. Forward is no problem? I'm thinking something internal in the transmission but I don't have much experience with this kind of stuff. Anyone had this type of problem? The machine is a 2000 model with 5600 hrs on and has been owned by us for many yrs without problems and serviced regularly. Thanks in advance Tony
It could be a bad clutch pack. You very you're getting voltage at the solenoids? See attached drawing. Not sure if you have the same trans, but in any gear you should have two solenoids energized.
Thanks for the info and the picture the set up looks the same as ours ! I'm edging towards clutch pack as you can feel it try to move when you select reverse and also hear the engine tone change as the gears are shifted. I will check the as solenoids for power as described in the picture, I usually use a small screwdriver to check which is magnetised / powered. Thanks again and if anyone else can add anything I'd be grateful. Thanks again Tony
Check out this guy's video. He posted follow up videos with updates. Basically one clutch pack burnt, due to pressure loss between shaft and case.
Thankyou so much for the info ! Really appreciate it and so nice to receive help from genuine people. I will have a look tonight when I'm home. Thanks again and kind regards Tony