Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 8015 mini excavator

Neilg81 · 2023-06-11 13:46

Hey everyone hope someone here can help. I have JCB 8015 2005 mini excavator with Perkins engine. I use it at home so nothing extreame. Been using it this week and every now and again the revs drop and if I pull any leaver or joystick it stalls any ideas what’s wrong?. Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2023-06-12 03:36

    Good day Suggest you begin checking out the fuel system - filters -fuel pressure - smoke from the stack. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Neilg812023-06-12 04:16

    Hi there’s no smoke. I tried changing all the filters and nothing changed starts 1st time and runs just occasionally this happens then next day it’s fine.

  3. #3uffex2023-06-12 09:11

    Good day & welcome Intermittent issues generally mean there is some ingress in the fuel system which jambs a check valve open, another possible cause could be blocked tank air vent causing a vacuum in the tank. You could try opening the tank when the engine stops. The remaining course of action would be to clean the tank out and the rest of the fuel lines, check for possible air leaks. Is that Norfolk UK or USA? Kind regards Uffex