Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 803

Joseff Parry-Jones ยท 2021-02-12 14:48

Hi, My father in law has a JCB 803 and today a branch caught hold of a pipe that is welded on to the boom ram and managed to snap it. I was wondering if its possible to get these pipes in order to weld it on? Thanks Joseff

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2021-02-12 14:51

    See if you can find a hydraulic cylinder repair shop close to you and let them have a look at the complete cylinder. You'll probably have to remove it from the machine and take it to them. Generally repair-welding of hard lines on cylinders is frowned up unless it's done by someone very competent. Too easy to get wrong.

  2. #2Joseff Parry-Jones2021-02-12 14:54

    Ah I see is it a specialist job or would a competent welder be able to do it?

  3. #3uffex2021-02-12 16:03

    Good day Often the damage occurs to the tubes at the bucket or arm cylinder, tubes welded into the jackets a cheap and dare I say shoddy practice. I would suggest welding an adapter block to the jacket fitting a straight tube that screws to the block or use a hose. Kind regards Uffex