Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 8052 lower roller lubrication ?

MikeC1962 ยท 2020-06-24 14:34

Hey! OK, so the farmer next door has a JCB 8052 mini excavator. One of the track motors disintegrated. You guys helped me find a new one at %10 the cost of a factory unit. He finally put it on and now is telling me the lower rollers are seized. He took them apart and got them free. He is putting it back together and wants to know what type of lubricant it needs. Is it grease or oil? If it is oil, I am guessing the seals are shot (have not seen it yet .. going over now). Do they make a rebuild kit or do you just replace the rollers? Thanks .... Mike

Replies10
  1. #1uffex2020-06-26 04:37

    Good day Mike This may help from a very similar machine. Remove filler plug 7 in end cap, fill roller casing with 75cc of JCB Special Gear Oil. (Not so sure what is so special about JCB gear oil I guess EP90) Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2uffex2020-06-26 04:41

    Regarding rebuild kit it may be less expensive to replace V repair.

  3. #3MikeC19622020-06-26 10:13

    You are Awesome! Exactly what I was looking for. We got them all free but it looks like all 10 have "issues". As with most small farms, he runs on a very tight budget. We decided last night to lube these the best we can for now and replace two each month for the next with. He really only uses it two or three times a year. It took him 6 months to save up for the track motor .. but that seems to have worked great. Now I need to find a "cheap" place to get the rollers. Thanks again ..... Mike

  4. #4uffex2020-06-26 15:25

    Suggestion if funds are tight replace the two at the very ends of the undercarriage if the diameter of the rollers are similar take the displaced units apart it may be possible to make a local repair, nothing ventured nothing gained. KR Uffex

  5. #5MikeC19622020-06-26 15:47

    We had them all off to free them. Funny, they are so are gone they rattle. I did tell him to take the best ones and put them on the ends ... lucky guess. I honestly know very little about these units. I am a machinist by trade. Just seems the two farmers on either side of me always have something breaking down. Since I have a pretty solid knowledge of mechanics, I usually end up fixing their equipment. The great benefit is that then I get to use it. Last week I needed a skid steer ... it was nice to just walk over, jump in one and use it ... I had just replaced the throttle cable in it a few weeks ago. Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike

  6. #6Bls repair2020-06-26 18:05

    If they are that bad that they rattle I would pump them full of grease,oil will just run out.

  7. #7MikeC19622020-06-26 18:22

    Exactly what we did ! We cleaned them and pumped them full of grease. There is no hope for them .. he knows they need replacing ... just doesn't have the money now. With luck, he won't use it much. Mostly in spring to open up the ditches on his fields. I am amazed these guys manage to stay in business ... always running on a shoe string budget. I can't tell you how much of their equipment I have had to fix. Thanks!

  8. #8uffex2020-06-27 04:10

    Good day Mike As a maschinist you are very well placed to make repair if you catch them early enough turning a couple of phosphor bronze bush's maybe all you need. Attached roller repair tips the principle is the same. Kind regards uffex

  9. #9MikeC19622020-06-27 09:08

    Thanks so much !!!!!!!! My problem is, I am a machinist without a shop ... for a few more months. I am just starting to put the walls up on a new 3500 sq ft workshop. I made sure to put in 14 x 14 doors with 16 ft ceilings. All my machines are sitting onsite stored in a tractor trailer. It's killing me to be without my shop! I want to make sure it is finished before the snow flies. I was actually welding the boom of a small (tow behind) excavator in the middle of the driveway two weeks ago. One of them the farmers just stopped by with a telehandler on the back of his trailer last night ... just picked it up at a sale super cheap ... used, probably 25 years old ... told me it starts "once" ... then will not turn over till it cools off. He said if I can fix it, I can keep it for a month or two to get my walls and trusses up. Guess I know what I am doing today .... Thanks again so much ! Mike

  10. #10DMiller2020-06-27 12:07

    Pack them full of heavy grease will last a year, as noted replace the end units then go about bushing the removed units and doing as can replace swaps as can get to them..