Hi all, I have an old JCB 814 super, grey cab and I have injector pump problems. I changed the fuel filters and after that it would run but as soon as I used any hydraulics it would die. I have fitted a temporary tank and fitted an electric fuel pump (to eliminate my tank and filters). I can get it to bleed through one of the bleed points but I cant get much out of the other one. it just weeps and doesnt squirt out. I removed a couple of the injector pipes and when turning over I get some bubbles out. Now it wont start at all. (only while using easy start). I'm guessing that some dirt went through while I changed the filters and I've messed up the pump. Has anyone had this before or does anyone know what I can try....
What pump is on it.?? Can u read the name plate.?? I’m assuming it’s a CAV/Delphi pump but I need to know the model, which the numbers on the np will tell me.
Did you replace or bypass all rubber fuel lines? Old lines can collapse internally and get no fuel. Happened to me on a old jcb telehandler, and if it's the same rubber line on yours? Lol
This is a photo of the plate, I'll try and get a better one tomorrow. I'm not sure which is the part number...
Yes, I have gone strait on to the metal pipes. I was expecting to find a strainer as it goes into the pump but couldnt find one...
When I turn it over I get some bubbles come out of the injector pipes. Do I need to keep turning it until this clears???? I didnt want to turn it over too much as it may damage the starter motor...
yes, you need to keep turning it until the bubbles are gone and it squirts fuel with no bubbles. How long have you cranked it? It won't hurt anything to crank ten seconds at a time and wait two minutes. Shouldn't take long to get the air out if the pump is primed and the injection lines are loose. Like less then thirty seconds? If you're sucking air somewhere, then you'll never get rid of the bubbles. I'll leave the internals to the pumpdoctor.
OK, I'll give that a go. Do you know anything aboiut the 2nd bleed port. I was told yesterday that on some pumps, fuel will not squirt through this one. it only dribbles and lets out just a small amount of air. I can get it squirting out of the one bleed poin t but just a dribble through the other, is this correct???
Thats normal from what I have seen before. Delmer has you on the right path.