Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC20B XTV, unable to adjust track width

Gjermund1970 ยท 2021-11-01 07:09

Hi! Have purchased a used Volvo EC20B XTV, having problem adjusting the width of the track. When pushing the button on the left side panel for changing track width and engaging the lever handle forward/backward nothing happens. I hear that the engine starts running hard. The dozer blade does not move, neither does the track width change. Anyone who know how to find the problem. Where to start error tracking? What is the most likely problem? Is the undercarriage stuck, or is this an electrical or a hydraulic problem? Am I doing it the correct way? SW 11 to variable track, SW6 Button on handle depressed, and changing Lever 1 fort and back. Thanks Regards Gjermund

Replies3
  1. #1hamph2025-06-05 03:24

    Got the same "issue" on a machine I plan to buy. Did you find any sollutions or reason for it? BR Hampus

  2. #2sfrs42025-06-06 11:01

    that is the hydraulic diagram in case you end up buying it

  3. #3hamph2025-06-06 14:29

    Thank you! I think the adjustment of tranks on my machine is failing due to the pistons are stuck.. rust or dirt in the way. Anyone got any experience or ideas regarding this? When I trigger the adjustment according to the manual, I can hear that the pump is engaging but nothing happends. When I Release the "arrow button" the whole machine bumps - like there is a pressure that are suddenly being released. Therefore I expect the piston is stuck rather than any other problems with the valves/pumps/sealings. Ideas/Comments?