Looking for a slew brake solenoid for JCB 814 Super (1987 model) Can get one from JCB but not available until January. Can anyone help please.
Good day John Solenoids are in most instances replaceable if you post a photo may be able to help. Kind regards Uffex
Photos of solenoid and where it was mounted.
As I dont need to use the slew brake does anyone know if it's possible to physically jam the solenoid in the off position. Unfortunately the default is that the brake is on if it's not powered up.
Good day John That is a standard "C" top my guess that is a Rexwroth, if you clean the paint from the front it will give you the pattern & Rexwroth number. If you have any trouble come back I will help you. Kind regards Uffex
Can you tell me what is wrong they are usually pretty good.This si one of many type in C top on the web most likely find one local.
Blowing fuse continually. Attached photo of front with paint scraped off. I've opened it up and all seems ok except for the fact that it blows fuse even with everything removed from the electro magnet.
Hi John For sure, that is a 4WE6 C.top from the sounds of the post it is only a coil issue, can I suggest slip the plug connector apart see if there is a diode hidden inside. Kind regards Uffex
No diode in plug just 2 green wires to top terminal and 1 yellow to bottom terminal.
Good day John As I understand the situation the fuse remains in tact if you make the connector live provided it has not been plugged ti the solenoid. In which case it must be a coil issue. You could source a replacement coil or a complete solenoid, Rexwroth is part of Bosch last dealings I had with them they were located at St.Neots Huntingdonshire but they have agents around the country. Im not sure if you are 12 or 24 volt with that machine, another possibly is a dismantles such as Warburton who specialize in the jCB make. A point worth a mention regarding the "C" top valves is to be sure not to overtightened the four cap screws that mount the valve, it can pinch the spool and prevent it working. Kind regards Uffex
My machine is 12 volt, unfortunately most of the solenoids I've found are 24. I've found a replacement coil online which hopefully I will get in next few days and hopefully it will fit. The good news is it was only £16. Thanks for all your help
Hi John Great, you are on the way to a fix, should have welcomed you to the Forum. More of you UK guys are subscribing, as the British forums are a dead loss, moderators remove good fixing advice if they do not like the source. Soon no doubt to disappear. Kind regards Uffex