Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 930 forklift won’t start

Ster1 ยท 2014-10-27 20:20

Hello folks my name is Pete I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for some help with a jcb 930 forklift. I was using it just fine today when suddenly the reverse beeper came on while it was in neutral. Nothing else went wrong so I kept working until I shut it down for lunch. I came back after lunch and the reverse beeper was still beeping in neutral and now the motor won't turn over like the starter is locked out. I should have just left it running. So no other indication of a problem, it ran and worked fine until this and now I'm stuck. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2014-10-27 20:34

    Just a guess here, but maybe your reverse switch is faulty? Either that or there's a short between two wires, or a bad relay or computer module. If you can find a reverse switch on the transmission then start there, otherwise you need a wiring diagram or repair manual. Ground wires are always a good thing to check too.

  2. #2Ster12014-10-27 22:08

    Can you suggest a reliable source to download the manual? I've been googling for awhile, and every site that claims to have it seems like a scam. I don't have an issue paying for it, I just want to make sure I actually get it. Thank you for your help!

  3. #3Delmer2014-10-27 22:43

    Sorry, I don't know where to get a manual. You could try fleabay? I'd start at the reverse switch, but that's me.

  4. #4GregD12014-10-28 08:10

    I thinkthey use the directional switch/lever on the column for the neutral start switch as well as the revrse alarm and if your switch is like everybody elses, the lever doesn`t get lifted up and the detent is screwd up and you have the results.