Does anyone have any info; manuals of any type, hydraulic diagrams, etc. for these machines? I picked one up that needs some work. Kinda tough finding out and good info on them. It's a 4wd, gas COntinental 244ci I6, manual 4speed. Rated for 6klb capacity. Gonna need the lift cylinder repacked eventually. My tilt isn't holding whatsoever and I'm leaning towards the spool valve. Would be a cool machine to restore. Pretty fun to drive altho I need to tighten up rear articulating part as it is all over the place. Pics to come
The rear end always wagged like a dog's tail on those things. Probably the absolute best all wheel drive lift truck in my opinion. Vietnam era machine. Early ones as I recall only had one steer cylinder which did not work well, I may be wrong about that. The tilt cylinders and uprights were common to the pnuematic tired Clarks of that era so it shouldn't be hard to get seal kits. I also believe that with some extra counterweight they were actually good for 8K but again my memory may be faulty, it's been thirty years since I worked on one.