Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB hydradig

Canadian_digger ยท 2017-04-07 22:06

I seen this JCB hydradig at conexpo. I thought the design was great. They moved a lot of the major component to the bottom half of the machine. Had anyone had the chance to run one? How would a machine like this do in soft or muddy conditions? Would it compare to a backhoe. If I remember right it weighs around 22-24,000lbs. I'm wondering if this could take the place of one of my backhoes. A lot of the work we do require going down into ditches. Another thing I liked is it has a road speed of 40km/25mph. Let's hear your opinions!

Replies2
  1. #1Canadian_digger2017-04-10 22:32

    Are these smaller wheeled machines any good of road? Or they to heavy for the tire size?

  2. #2hvy 1ton2017-04-10 23:14

    I was under the impression none of the wheeled excavators are good in anything resembling mud.