Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB Hydraulic Speed Control Switch

fishingfreak1228 ยท 2024-02-19 16:12

Hi all. I've got a JCB 4cx serial number 0912486. I'm having issues with a fuse blowing whenever the hydraulic Speed Control switch is in the 3rd (down) position. I don't know what the 3rd position even does. Are there 3 different "speeds"? The speed control works fine as long as you only use the middle (off) and top (on) positions. I'm suspecting a bad switch. I have a pic attached showing which fuse is popping. Not sure what the fuse is for either. The switch shorts a ground wire directly to a wire going through that fuse with a jumper wire on the back of the plug (just jumps from one pin to another). You can see the 10 amp turtle fuse for the h.s.c. towards the top right.

Replies1
  1. #1fishingfreak12282024-02-21 08:18

    Anybody?