Our FNH 655E has the four speed with shuttle shift and the shuttle shift has quit working completely. We replaced the whole shuttle shift and that was not the issue. It was periodically blowing a fuse that controlled the shuttle and a higher amp fuse was put in place. Well the fuse did not blow this time but something else did. Anyway we fried something along the way? Any help? I can find very little online about this. Or anyway to jump it into gear. Just trying to get it to move so we can get it to the sale as we bought a new back hoe. This one has been a headache my whole life. Just trying to see it make it to the sale yard!
Make sure the disconnect switches on the loader and shift handles are not shorted. Here is a wiring diagram.
Sounds like you need to trace the wire harness and find where it's rubbed through and shorted to me.
BTW, what size fuse did you put in after the original blew? Original should be 5A IIRC. And in a pinch you can just run 12VDC to the shift solenoids, they'll engage, but a little harsher than usual. Normal engagement is phased in gradually over a few seconds' time. If you just apply 12V it will be an instant shift. As long as the machine is idling it won't hurt anything, and will get you moving.
yes we jumped the solenoid and got it home. It is still inoperable and I am thinking I need to get a new fuse panel. I’m getting good fire to the fuse but not getting good fire from the fuse to the shift relays on the top of panel. My multimeter was only giving a very small reading in a few spots making me think I’m not getting good fire across the circuit. But then again I do not know what the reading should have been.
I imagine the fuse panel is cost prohibitive IF it's available. It is the most convoluted mess of a fuse panel I've ever seen with all the resistors and diodes and such. If it were my machine and I verified it was a fuse panel problem I would be finding the output wire, cutting it, and putting in a inline fuse holder. I'm not big on butchering a wiring harness but sometimes it's justified or necessary.
2nd that.