I ordered about 60 hydraulic hoses for my excavator. I used the piping schematics to get the part numbers. Now that I am installing the new hoses, I realized that I completely omitted the hoses for the change over circuit. It is extremely difficult for me to place an order for the missing hoses. I am thinking to get the hoses made locally here in Panama, but nobody carries the small diameter hoses, which makes things difficult in a small machine. Now I am considering to eliminate the change over circuit all together by capping off the valve connections. However, I have no idea if that can even be done. I don't care if the machine is in SAE or ISO mode. I just need to get it working.
Can you find A hose shop in another country and have them shipped to you? Or put in bigger hose and get them locally?
Good day That appears to be a simple request to just by pass the change over Identify the equipment main valves and match to the hose comming from the RCV if you need more help pM me. Kind regards Uffex
Attached may be helpful. Kind regards Uffex
Actually I ordered the 60 hoses from England, so I got the originals. Due to the covid crap it took 4 months to complete the order. Then the supplier shipped via DHL and it took only 3 days from England to Panama City. Freight cost for a 58 kg box $ 700.00. Then another $ 350.00 to clear customs and after that another 3 weeks to get the hoses because DHL doesn't deliver even close to my area. Additionally all European companies that are represented in Panama are not distinguishable from native Panamanian companies. Meaning they are crap. The word servic is unknown in this country. It took more than 30 emails to DHL to release the shipment and for 10 days after I sent them the wire transfer confirmation 6 times I received annoying emails from the collection department about payment pending. These messages came from an email address that would not accept replies. So I kept sending my confirmation to all of the DHL contacts I had, but the emails kept coming. Also received SMS messages, again with a setup that didn't allow replies. So yes, I have considered getting the hoses from another country.
Wow. Why are you changing all the hoses? Fire damage?
Age 14 yrs. Saltwater environment, dry rot.
You said "small diameter". How small exactly..? A possible option would be to contact IASA the Cat dealer. I would be very surprised if they did not have a hose shop that could build anything to pattern if you took the old hoses for the pattern changer connections to them as samples.
There is also a JCB dealer, Cardoze y Lindo (formerly CAT Rep), I have stopped dealing with them 4 years ago. Last time was when I sent a solenoid and the spool with my wife to Panama City. They looked at it and told my wife they had no idea what this could be. After living here for 20 years I can with certainty say that all foreign companies, represented by Panamanian companies are crap. Mercedes, BMW, Audi, JCB, Yamaha, Carbone, etc... None of them would survive in a competitive environment. For example you contact one of the prestigious companies and give them a part number for what you are looking for. You are told they have the same thing, but with a different part number (I am talking about original part numbers, not a generic replacement). Then they want to sell you the part, but it is non returnable. Anyway, thank you for your suggestion. The small hoses are 6.3 mm
The smallest hoses are 6.3 mm