Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB JS200 Exc Dipper very slow

216487 ยท 2020-04-02 10:14

Good Day Hope you all well. I need some advise. I have a 2010 JCB JS200 Excavator. I had the valve bank reconditioned, because the bucket spool got stuck a while back, so we decided to give the whole valve bank a recon. After re-installing it everything works great except for the Dipper (stick) circuit. The stick circuit is very very slow in both directions almost wanting to kill the engine when you use it. The Boom, bucket, tracks and slew all work great and much faster. It is just the dipper(stick) circuit that is very slow. I have opened and felt the spool in the valve bank for that circuit, it does move freely when you push and pull. If I disconnect pipes to cylinder, I also have a lot of flow when operated. Your assistance will be appreciated. Regards

Replies3
  1. #1Vetech632020-04-02 10:16

    Its more than likely something inside the cylinder has failed. Either seals, the piston nut/bolt has backed off or come completely off, or severe scoring on the piston and the barrel.

  2. #22164872020-04-02 10:39

    Thanks very much for your feedback I did not think that the cylinder was faulty, because it was working before we reconditioned the valvebank, but maybe you have given me a place to start. Will I be able to connect the lines coming from the dipper spool from the valve bank to another cylinder , lets say the bucket just to prove that the valve bank is working correctly? , before I strip the dipper cyinder

  3. #3sawdustmaker2020-05-05 19:34

    Did you find the answer to this problem? I had the same issue but with the bucket. Had to unhook the shuttle spool and have been using it like that. I never found the problem.