I noticed JCB America has removed access to their parts look-up on the website. Am I missing something? Is there any other way to access diagrams?
Read this ---> HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks Tinkerer. Take me to a login page but I don't see any way to set up an account
Like he posted in the other thread, you can try using a VPN or virtual private network. This tricks the jcb server in thinking you are in another country and allows you access. I really hate how jcb is trying to force us to go thru dealers.
You don't / can't set up an account woodfirst. You have to be a registered JCB customer. That is the id that is required on that webpage. And I think you have to be a European resident to enter it successfully. North American residents are held hostage for parts numbers and accompanying illustrations by the dealers.
try registering here. i believe this worked for me last time. https://servicepro.jcb.com/jcb/
Out of curiosity I used my vpn and a phony UK name and email address and registered on the JCB site. I was able to get a 3cx operators manual. But not in the normal downlaod way ! It got interesting when I tried to get the parts book access tho. You have to rent it from the cheapskates !! This is why I would never, ever own a JCB.
Oh. But they make such nice telehandlers and backhoes.
Thanks I was able to register using VPN and a UK address. However I got the same result as you Tinkerer. I could only "rent" the parts books....unbelievable
Worse treatment given to a customer I have ever seen. I cannot begin to imagine how many owners of JCB equipment drive long distances to dealers for parts, only to be told, we don't have it but we can order it. Sheesh !! Plus, owners lose the convenience of seeing the orientation of the parts in the manual when working on anything JCB. Also, why do they force anyone to buy/ rent access to every machine they ever made instead of a single unit.
I guess jcb is trying to get traffic through its dealers, since a lot of their machines are sold to rental companies. You could try your local sunbelt or United rentals dealer for parts. They've quoted me cheaper than dealer.