Does anybody have any experience with the new JCB teletruck. I'm looking at an all wheel drive one this week. Looking for some feedback.
i've never operated one, but they seem pretty cool. they're like a mini telehandler. you probably couldnt go back to a mast style forklift after using that. visibility must be nice on them.
I got one on demo today. I have a mason supply yard. It definatley wont out work one of my 7000lb cats, but it can do a lot of things they cant. Especialy in the winter months. It also has a 7000 lb capacity but is 15 inches longer which makes it tough in some aisles. Also a little tough turning on asphalt compared to regular forklift. Price is about 58,000 with bucket and forks with sideshift. Have to really weigh this one out.
Pete, Email me for TONS of information. [email protected]
Thanks, I will.
i found some videos of the teletruk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOW2DrlHDXM&NR=1 that user has some more videos posted.
I had seen those before, thanks. I got a lot of good info from JCBgm and also when I called the manufacturer for info, Collin Sellick had called me back and was real helpfull. Hard to believe you can still call a heavy equipment manufacturer and talk to one of the family!
holy crap. ive never seen one before. that would be perfect for usin on the farm insttead of the old nissan that we have.
That is awesome. ideal for a large metal working shop. i wonder what the max working weight is? anyone know if it's allwheel drive,4wd?
We just bought a new little JCB 520 loadall thing. I think you guys may like it even better.
The teletruck is better than the loadall for my purposes because it will fit down my 6 foot wide rows between bricks. They have a 5000, 6000 and 7000 lb capacity. The 6000 (30 model) is about the same size as a regular 6-7000 lb cap. lift truck. The 7000lb. (35) is a bit to long for my app. because it is about 18 inches longer. The 4x4 is a nice option for me in winter months.
Nice machine
I'm in the process of purchasing a 2009 TLT30D4x4 for my business and was impressed with the demo model I used. I have a question about the cab, does it get hotter than hell in there or is there enough air movement with a fan. Also how important is the cab to the life of the machine.
Encino, It gets hot in there, but since you're in CA, I would guess it's not unbearable. With a bit of work, you can take the cab door off. I'm not following your question about the cab and the life of the machine. All electrical connections are IP69 and you could expose the whole unit to the elements for it's lifetime. I'd be more concerned with the cold in Cananda without a cab.
thanks , I appreciate the your response, I was leaning towards purchasing the cab to guard against the elements for the operators What I meant with the "life of the machine without the cab" is will the interior of the cab deteriate more rapidly without the full inclosure.
UV rays are hard on all things plastic. Doesn't really matter if it's enclosed or not. Best bet is to find a place to park it in the shade or under cover. Rain doesn't matter too much. You will find that the heads of the bolts in the interior may rust a bit, but that could happen with a cab as well.
Thanks , I think i'll go with the cab , i'm sure the operators will appreciate it.
Pete379, Which model of the JCB Teletruk did u test drive? Thanks
I tested a 35 (7000lb) all wheel drive. It was a really good machine, that model was a little to long for my application. I have 6 regular forklifts now and I really want it more for the winter months because of the all wheel drive and extra reach if there is snow on the ground. I would probably get the 30 because it would fit down my aisles better being shorter.
Pete379, Although I never test drive this machine, I heard the 4x4 does not work as well as skid steer. How did it perform during your demo? Which dealer are working with? Thanks
How much did you pay for your teletruk and which dealer? Thanks
JCBgm, you are right, I am in Sask, Canada and sometimes we are framing in -30, so I had to put glass and doors on my JCB 550 and am happy I did.