Ok, first of all, I would like to say that I am not really a mechanic... I work at a local garden center, and our JCB just recently started having a buzzing sound come on. Before I started making calls to mechanics I was going to see if I could save a penny or 2. Now, although I may not be a mechanic, I am not stupid either, so if this turns out to be something easy, I could probably manage. But if you folks end up suggesting it is out of my hands, then so be it. Information: JCB Series 2 210S(I think that's what it says, more information can be had if needed) Backhoe. Problem: Upon idle, and turning the machine on, the buzzer buzzes. After you start giving the machine a little gas, the buzzer goes off, and any time it returns to idle, it starts buzzing again. The triangle with a ! is on as well during all this. So, does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? Any additional information could be scavenged as fast as you need! Thanks in advance, Nick
Have you checked the voltage at the battery with the motor running? If I remember right my backhoe did that same thing when the alternator went out.
I haven't, I could though. What kind of numbers should I be looking for?
More than likely the alternator or if your lucky, loose fan belts. Should be getting over 14V at high idle
Just as Jock said check the alternator! failing that check the oil pressure!
Thanks guys, I will give it a look tomorrow and post back with some results. Nice to find a helpful forum!
Put some 80/90wt gear oil in it lol Pj