Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb slew brake problem

bigdavesproule ยท 2011-01-05 14:04

hi guys, im new to this site, but ive a jcb 805b powerslide, no electrics, but its a cracking machine, since we have owned it the slew brake has not been working so it drift when on a surface that is not level. can anyone help me? any advice or tips from someone who has had this problem before, even if on a different model. alll help gladly appreciated

Replies2
  1. #1Mikeb852011-05-10 15:49

    Fault finding? I have not worked on these machine but I work on mobile cranes with slew breaks. I'd start with the basics first * Power to the engage solenoid? * slew break fluid level? * valve block worn or stuck in the open position? Hope this helps in some way

  2. #2Jam2011-05-10 16:55

    The motor itself should hold the machine without the slew brake engaged so have a look at your relief valves first or failing that your motor might just be tired