Hello,I have a 2001 jcb 214 ,ran fine when shut down last year.starter was slow ,barely cranked .replaced starter in doing so I turned sediment bowl upside down , realized how filthy it was cleaned it out pumped primer lever ,started no throttle response.changed fuel filter,wouldn't start again ,smokes a fair amount,black smoke.changed lift pump to electric.turned on pump bled top of fuel filter.is there a place to bleed injection pump is it necessary,dealer service says no just run electric pump for 20 minutes without cranking,it'll bleed.any other possibilities,the no throttle response makes me wonder if something else isn't wrong.tganhs in advance.anyone know how to contact the pump guy in sc? Thanks again
I replaced starter because it wouldn't spin it fast enough
I’m here..
Thank you any idea what I might be dealing with? Or things to check?it has the Delphi injection pump.thank you for help
Loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS a couple of turns and crank the engine until you get fuel squirting out of the lines and tighten..
Ok thanks,dealer said I shouldn't have to ,but I'm not sure they listened to what injection system I have ,I'll charge battery,do that next,appreciated
If the mdl numbers on the pump name plate starts with 8923 then there is no bleed screw on the pump, it’s self bleeding. If it starts with 3348F then there is a bleed screw by the name plate..
Ok thanks,I've cracked injector lines,barely getting any fuel
I'll check pump id
Here's pumpa id plate,maybe bleed bolt above?thanks
As pumpguy said, model number begins with 8923, it's self bleeding. Your model number starts with 8923.
Yeah really tired ,dtslexiad the number thanks
Is the battery strong enough to spin the engine fast enough to bust off.?? When trying to bleed/start it, pull the throttle to wide open..
Yeah,it spins fast enough ,maybe I'll try jumping with another spare battery .I would think with injectors cracked it should be spraying a reasonable amount of fuel,it's barely anything
I do go full throttle.maybe I'll try cracking injectors again tomorrow see if it's not getting fuel still
With the injector lines cracked, it should squirt pretty good.. Have u read the thread where the engine would only idle and has no throttle control.?? We’re checking the latch valve.. Google: Dp200 latch valve to get an idea of what ur looking for..
Starter problems may be related to the electrical system? try check battery, the starter itself, or the associated electrical connections might be help.
Yeah I replaced starter it's new cleaned all cables,motor soun ,started but wouldn't rev .changed fuel filter,hasn't started since.
Spun
Have you cleaned the lift pump fuel strainer ?
I replaced it with electric I'm gonna crack line to injector pump make sure it's getting to injector pump,thanks
I'll check that thank you
Is latch valve a straightforward removal install?I'll look in my manuals too thanks
Is this described as solenoid,same as latch valve?
Ok,update is it's getting fuel to injector pump
Nothing,very little to injectors,if I replaced latch valve should that theoretically fix issue? Thanks
No..
Any idea what it might be,I'm at a loss, Injector pump?
Have u checked the shut off solenoid.?? U have fuel going IN but nothing OUT.. it’s the pump..
No,I just watched a video on checking that,that's my next thing to check.
I'm going to buy a new battery try that I've checked fuel cutoff solenoid it's retracting plunger under key power.ive also gravity fed straight to electric lift pump,still not much if any fuel coming out of two injectors I've cracked.would inlet filter in injector pump possibly let in enough fuel to dribble out of fuel shutoff solenoid when I removed it,but not enough to fire injectors? I'm guessing it's injector pump.do you rebuild those? Thanks
I’ve never seen a filter do that, and I’ve seen some doozies.!! Yes I rebuild them.. Contact me directly at my screen name at aoldotcom in your home mail service..
U NEED TO TIME IT BEFORE YOU REMOVE IT.!!! OR you’ll never get it to run right.. ASK HERE OR GET A SERVICE MANUAL.. Timing is critical on these..
Yeah I've read that ,need to put rod in to lock in place.anyway I can start this on ether my front bucket is down ,looks like a nightmare to do with arms down.yeah I'll need to get a workshop manual regardless