Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb telehandler ignition on, key off.

skata ยท 2020-04-24 17:37

Hey jcb Jeff! I need your help . I have a jcb 509-42. It's been parked for a while. But today I heard a buzzing noise and come to find the ignition on. Buzzing. Flashing STOP NOW. S078 and z111 error. The first is a canbus error. And the second is fault list full. Machine has a cab and was locked. So nobody messed with the ignition. And it's dry inside. It rained a lot last night. Water get in some wire harness perhaps? But how could that turn the ignition on? I started the machine and everything worked fine. But I couldn't shut it off. Had to pull fuses. And disconnected battery for now. Any ideas? Jcb5cfkgl01403137

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2020-04-24 18:07

    Try disconnecting the alternator. I've had alternators fail that would be similar.

  2. #2skata2020-04-24 18:53

    Hmm. Might have to check that.

  3. #3skata2020-04-28 22:48

    No error messages today when I looked at machine. But ignition still turned on . Flickered on and off a few times when I connected battery. Then i looked at machine later in day after more rain. Ignition stayed on constantly, even after unplugging ignition switch. Waiting for all this rain to stop and dry up so I can dig into it further and check wires and alternator.

  4. #4skata2020-05-01 17:49

    Ok. Found the problem. Took the panel off the front of the cab. There's a connector there for a immobiliser, with just a jumper plug connected. Took it apart and it was full of water and 2 pins burnt. One of the burnt wires was a fused ignition feed, and the other was a battery feed. After scraping out the burnt plastic, I could get the machine to turn on by touching the 2 pins together. Its a standard Deutsch connector, so I'll replace it when I get it.

  5. #5jcb jeff2020-05-04 02:49

    Yes that is the plugs for the jcb immobilizer you dont have one by the looks of it that are slightly different than the normal DT plug ,need to check the location pin in the plastic housing.