Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb/volvo skid steer

cat320 ยท 2014-07-04 20:37

Just curious if anyone has the one arm machines? how are they performing vs the regular one with the climb in thru the front. I assume jcb makes it for Volvo but uses Volvos engine instead of there's? . they seam like a good machine .

Replies7
  1. #1clintm2014-07-04 21:58

    I run a rental on a job loaded 2 of my 20yd dumpsters with sand .I think it was the 1,500 -1,800 pd working ld rubber tire machine. it was ok but did not impress me I've been on skid steers for about 30 years it was better than the old 743 bobcats but thats not saying much. I have been on jobs that they have had 3 or 4 rental machines out there trying to keep one running talk to the local rental mech's if you can. from what I've heard they hate them. They seem like a neat idea but JCB has never seem to have good dealer support or supported the dealers very well in our area

  2. #2popsiclepete2014-07-04 22:11

    Looked at Volvo this spring but the price was 10K more than the case SR200. A for the size and horsepower both where about equal. Couldn't justify paying 10K to enter from the side. The same dealer handles both brands so that wasn't the concern, the mechanic said that most of the initial bugs had been look after and that reliability was much better.

  3. #3cat3202014-07-05 10:06

    I saw the Volvo at the new England grows show very briefly and from what I remember it seamed a little bit pricy but they guy there didn't seam to know to much about the machine in my opinion when I asked him servicing questions. Clintm I'm surprised from down in your area your not that far from them at least a lot closer to the plant than I am you think service would be better and faster down there . don't really see to many of them running around here . so they are 1 probably poor machine and service stinks like you said and they are way over priced for what they are ? really no video on youtube of anyone running them

  4. #4hmearth2014-07-05 17:50

    A mate got one he couldn't move it unless it was on a trailer And had to be careful were he stopped getting out of the thing with that big side door

  5. #5hmearth2014-07-05 17:59

    A mate got one he couldn't move it unless it was on a trailer And had to be careful were he stopped getting out of the thing with that big side door

  6. #6k452014-07-06 07:54

    The side door doesn't work very well if you ever want to add OTT tracks. Since I run tracks 99% of the time.....

  7. #7CDNDIESELMONKEY2014-07-06 21:42

    The volvo is built by JCB with a JCB engine as well. I can get you all the specs if you desire. A JCB tech can even plug his laptop into a volvo and do diagnostics, monitoring etc. The one arm has lifetime warranty and I have never seen any break. Especially the asphalt guys like them because regular arms tend to crack with the repetitive heavy lifting. But everyone has their preferences and price is ALWAYS a huge factor!