Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi question??

wesmanh ยท 2014-07-07 15:29

I'm thinking of purchasing a Takeuchi track skid-steer. What would be the best Model for me. I plan on using it primarily for keeping tree debris pilled up at our local county landfill with a grapple, and lifting pallets of weighing 1500lbs. It will also have a mower and cab not that it should make a difference. I'm looking at these models TL130 or TL150. I think a TL230 is just the newer model of the TL130 isn't it?

Replies1
  1. #1stumpjumper832014-07-07 16:19

    Hum... if your trying to decide between the 130 & 150, I have the perfect solution... the tl140. And yes the 230 is a newer 130 and so on. I have a 140, in gehl paint. Use it for a little of everything. It will lift a lot 3k pounds operating weight, 6k aprox tip weight. I have a 78" ffc grapple rake, and I love it for moving logs, brush, stumps etc. It was not a cheap grapple, but its a sturdy one, and those ctls, especially the 150 class machine can give an attachment a workout. With wanting a mower I'm guessing your going high flow hydraulics as well. This is where I think the 140 will outshine the 130, and the 150 will be overkill. The track width is right on 72" with the 140 btw.