Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB Warning light question

djkeev ยท 2011-09-05 07:49

I have a JCB 212s 4x4x4 It is a wonderful maneuverable machine, though a bit beat in some ways. I am slowly fixing things up and making it whole as it should be. I sadly don't have an owners manual though I do have the parts books and the service manual....go figure! I am lucky to have a good JCB dealer about a half hour from me!! Parts are $$$ but you gotta do what you gotta do.....right?? My question / problem...... I have a light and a buzzer at higher RPMs, goes off at idle ..... Looking at this in the calm of the morning and not during operation, I'm guessing it is indicating an air flow issue, maybe a dirty air filter or line restriction somehow?? I may have just answered my own question!!! Thanks for any and all help or suggestions! Dave

Replies2
  1. #1cps2011-09-05 13:31

    Yea thats what it is alright Dave, most likely a blocked filter! Aiden

  2. #2woodfirst2011-09-11 20:43

    Dave, If you watch ebay you will see both Operators and Service Manuals go on sale for cheap. I paid $90 for the Service Manual and they are $395 if you order them form JCB. Good luck!!!