I have. 1987 jcb x3 and the hyd is very slow even wheAn I give it 50% gas or more the beck arm is very slow but the front is a little better is eny one could help me with eny info how to fix the problem thanks
Hi Mark , There is a switch with a Turtle on it.May be in Turtle mode .Idea is to cut the main hydraulic pump when traveling .Try the switch in both modes to see if there is any Difference ..This by the way is the Dozer section ,Better posting in the Backhoe section .
I don't relly know where the switch it locate as I don't know where beckhole , I'm guessing its as the beck some where above the differencal near the beck arm operator? Am I on the right way , and what is the purpose of the turtle ?
I got it now what the beckhole is sorry for misunderstanding but now sho what the doser is , is it under the arms to operate beckhole?
Mate , Your Machine may be too Early a model to have the Turtle Mode Switch .I had 1995 and 2000 model 3CXs and both had the switches.Basicly shuts off the main hydraulic pump , to give more engine power when traveling ..My switch was on the side console .
You have Posted your Question in the Bulldozer section of the Forum .Better in the Backhoe section . This is mainly an American Site . So not many JCB 3CXs in America Plus their Models are not called 3CX .However , there is UK members , who may be able to help , knowing a lot more about earlier models than i do .
Your saying that the turtle switch should be in the cabin around the driver? If you came acros this problem befor what ells could you suggest me to check, but il have a look if it dose have a turtle switch thanks
there is no switch on a machine that age ,best check the filters and oil/level ,then go for pump pressures
I know where one hyd filter is located i the engine bay but don't know where the other one is as it dose have 2 hyd filters if you can tell me where to find the second hyd filter thanks
did you get the manual i sent , only one filter i believe
Didn't get eny thing that's what I thing because I can't see the other hyd filter eny where. But would you guys know would or could thins problem be because it dose not have a hyd filter ?
i sent you a manual via this site , pm me your email and i will send it directly
Hi sorry for the late reply mail is [email protected] just another question could the valve body's be blocked from having dirty hyd fluid in the system ?.
Thanks a lot for the workshop manual should help me to maintain it very well now thanks one more time
no problem , i would remove your email addy now though ;-)
Hi I was cleaning the hyd tank on on my 3cx and as you have the 2 round caps with bolts on the side of the hyd tank I got took thm of and in side I found a filter that was very dirty the Filter is on a hyd line that is going to the power steering pump could that filter do eny thing with my problem?
If eny one could tell me because I'm missing the hyd filter located in the engine bay could that do eny thing with my problem ?
All so I noticed when I operate the beck hole I hear my valve body's making noise sounding like a air leak could eny one tell me more bout that or if is that normal thanks
Yes ,dirty filters could be the cause of your problems Also check if there is a screen on the pick up ..Noise when operating the backhoe may be the relief valve .It may be set too low
What did you by the screen on the pick up