Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB190 Aux Hydraulics Inop

Ben K ยท 2023-12-13 12:14

Hey all, working on diagnosing the first real problem I've had with my machine. Its an 07 JCB190 (~600 hrs) and the other day I went to use the grapple on it and the Aux hydraulics wont engage. I have used this attachment and other aux hydraulic attachments many times before. Initially the aux switch was flashing a code 2 and 3. One long flash followed by 2 short then one long followed by 3 short and repeating. I haven't been able to dig up any information on what these codes mean. Since then the aux light has stopped illuminating at all when engaged. All other functions of the the machine seem to be operating normally. This kind of makes me think that its an electrical issue. I've checked the large majority of the wiring for any rodent damage and everything appears to be intact. The Proportional Aux Control box has been replaced previously as well as the PMS ECU. I didn't know if those may be common failure points since they've been replaced once already. Other ideas are the Aux switch itself though I doubt it since it was illuminating and indicating codes initially, and finally that the electronics in the joystick may have a short of some sort. I've checked all the fuses already and they appear to be functioning properly. If anyone has any troubleshooting ideas to narrow down options before I start throwing parts at it, I'd certainly appreciate any ideas. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Ben K2024-10-09 20:27

    FYI, this ended up being the aux ecu.