Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb214 wire diagram

87gn ยท 2016-03-10 07:09

Hi, My first post is about a friends JCB 214. He has replaced the starter 2 times in the past 4 years. To get the alternator to charge you must jump across two terminals on the alternator, not sure which two. I would like to help him with the electrical wiring and I am looking for an electrical diagram. Jim

Replies3
  1. #1jcb jeff2016-03-11 16:14

    when you say you have to jump two terminals which ones .does the alternator warning light work as if the bulb is blown it will not charge.

  2. #287gn2016-03-11 18:35

    If all things were equal I would replace the alternator warning light. This idea has been done to no avail. The equipment has not been cared for. Repairs only come from necessity. The electrical system is far beyond a sensible approach to repair. I want to go through the wiring methodically. With a diagram I could make sense of the system and make the necessary repairs. TIA

  3. #3hookedondiesel2016-03-13 05:45

    Look "closely" at the back of the alt for these markings, D+ is for the alt lamp light, "W" is for the tack. To get the right diagram, you will have to supply the serial number of the machine.