Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 110 fuse panel trouble

othello ยท 2011-05-29 23:08

After a few rainy days my JD110 didn't start. Not a low battery, entirely dead, not a click or anything in the electrical system. My fuse panel show signs of corrosion and/or shorts, some fuses started to melt in place. Two questions: Where do I find a schematic or information about the least amount of functional wiring to get the machine started? How do I change the damaged parts of the fuse panel? I see that the panel is actually made up of 4 strips which supposedly can be exchanged individually. I assume some of the metal receivers in the fuse panel are corroded, do I have to cut the wire and put new terminal on? Who has experience with this and can give some guidance?

Replies3
  1. #1othello2011-06-11 18:37

    Well, I got all the documentation and can start reviving this baby, but I have to find a fusible link. Not a fuse, I got those, a fusible link. On my JD 110 TLB. Right in the vicinity of the starter. Who know how they hide those??

  2. #2mitch5042011-06-11 19:18

    It's usually the last few inches of the small wire that is on the big terminal of the starter solenoid, with the the + battery cable.

  3. #3Komatsu 1502011-06-12 10:32

    Kind of a normal thing is for a fusible link to be a short piece of wire a few wire sizes smaller than the rest of the wire (on trucks it used to be four numbers smaller gauge) and with a non-flammable insulation so it wouldn't set the machine on fire when it lets go. Sounds silly but a good system. Auto parts used to sell the stuff but you need to know the right gauge.