Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 230LC Fuel Pump Seal Replacement

jlittle2212 ยท 2015-02-11 18:43

I am looking to change the two o-ring seals where the pump mounts to the engine. Is this possible to do without losing my timing? If not, what is the timing process on this engine?

Replies5
  1. #1ANDREW C2015-02-11 21:49

    Is it oring 23 that is leaking? Between the injection pump and the front plate.Its shown wrong, It is bigger than in the picture. If it is, there is a timing procedure. Lock eng at 1 tdc use timing tool to lock pump at 1 tdc (there is visible timing marks when removed)

  2. #2jlittle22122015-02-11 22:01

    All I know is the oil is coming out from where the fuel pump mounts, so I am assuming this is the o-ring that is leaking. Is there another o-ring that is not shown?

  3. #3ANDREW C2015-02-11 22:05

    Not as far as I am aware however there is a cover on the front you need to take off to access the pump gear nuts. It also has an oring that I would change

  4. #4jlittle22122015-02-11 22:13

    What do you recommend if you don't have access to timing tool? Don't do it? LOL

  5. #5ANDREW C2015-02-11 22:47

    A bolt. 3/8 or 8mm for the engine and Im not sure but something like that for the injection pump. If you've ever timed any of them its not a big deal. Part number for the injection pump timing pin is JDG886 and engine pin is JDE81-4. Turning tool is JDG820