Hey guys, it's been quite a few years since I've been on here. I have a 2003 kobelco sk235 that I just bought. The previous owner must have had a throttle problem and rigged on a manual cable (even though this machine has a manual backup cable from the factory) so I want to get the electronic throttle going again but I need some help. The stepper motor would only go back and forth a tiny bit, so I opened the back up and manually pushed in the switch that limits travel and it does turn. It only turns one way however, and is erratic in where it will turn to before it stops. Before I buy a new stepper motor I want some tips on diagnosing the real problem. I see there are some good kobelco mechanics on here that may be able to help, I tried to sign up on Mr kobelco's hf- hydraulics forum but never got a confirmation, does anyone know if he's around still ? Anyway, sorry for the long post and I appreciate any advice you guys have. Thanks, Jordan.
He doesn't frequent here. He's on FB I stock the stepping motor here in SoCal if you need one. I'll send you a message
Thanks finaldrive for the good price on a new stepper motor, I have throttle control again. But I still have some problems with it. I am not able to enter into the A adjustment procedure on the display, so I'm not getting any difference in rpm in fine control or heavy lift, and no auto decel. Also the only way I can get the stepper to function is with the cp-1 plug behind the seat in the test side of the plug. When I turn on the ignition and hold the buzzer stop switch to enter the calibration mode nothing happens, and the screen is flashing low hydraulic fluid even though its not low, and doesn't show up when the engine is running. Does anyone have any ideas?
Unless you have all the codes like that cleared off most of the time it will not allow you to do the A adjustment. You should be able to bypass that sensor and then try.
I can send you the service manual on a usb stick if you want.
Thanks, but I've got the manual. And dirthog, I tried bypassing the hyd. Level sensor by unplugging it, and jumping the leads but it just stays on. Is there another way to fool the system?
I also have a issue with my step down system. It's a ed 150 yl05-00555, the accelerator does not automatically step down when the controls are left at bay. I can hear the " click" in the cab when the motor should be kicking down but the throttle stays is high idol or manual mode? It works every once in a while, and I don't have the manual so I don't know where to begin? Any help would be appreciated.