Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 240/250 oil leak in pan

jdns ยท 2008-08-14 15:28

I have a JD 240 that has lost it's engine oil. The whole under side of the machine is covered with engine oil. I also now have a mix of oil and water in the engine. My question is about the oil pan. Has any one had or heard of this machines getting holes in there oil pans? I can see it happening due to the tight area the engine is installed and the known fact that material stays packed in these machine. It is to hard to see the oil pan for an inspection. I will have to pull the engine out to see the whole oil pan. Just would like to know if any one has had this happen. :beatsme

Replies1
  1. #1betricke052008-08-17 08:30

    I have a 873 Bobcat which appears to have a hole in the oil pan due to it rubbing on the plastic liner under it. It would appear the only way to access this is by pulling the engine. Does anyone have a procedure on how to do this? Is this a job for the average mechanic?